There is a continual search for the best new anti-aging remedy. These days, microcurrent facials are all the rage. This aesthetic treatment employs the use of electrical currents to promote the renewal of skin cells. Despite appearances to the contrary, this procedure does not involve any incisions, needles, or painkillers. More than that? The good results from these treatments are almost instantaneous, and there is little to no recovery time involved.
Are you curious? What follows are some details to think about before committing to the treatment.
How Microcurrent Works
Estheticians specializing in facial treatments use microcurrent devices to “train” the facial muscles, stimulate collagen production, and tone the skin. In the dermis of the face, the application of microcurrent, a type of electrical stimulation that uses electricity with a low voltage, can encourage the growth of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) cells and the production of collagen.
Microcurrent facials, particularly those that focus on the forehead, have been shown to reduce the formation of fine lines and wrinkles by toning and smoothing the underlying muscles and connective tissues. This is accomplished by targeting the area of the face most visible to others, the forehead. This is achieved by concentrating on the part of the face most noticeable to other people, the forehead.
Because of its long history of usage in physical therapy, microcurrent is an alternative for treatment that is not only safe but also sufficient and can be precisely directed. Since the 1970s, physiotherapists have used microcurrent therapy treatments to relieve pain and even facial paralysis conditions such as Bell’s palsy.
Here are some of the advantages you can appreciate from microcurrent facial:
- Stimulate facial muscles: Stimulating facial muscles is one of the most enticing effects that may be gained from undergoing microcurrent therapy. It is feasible to get them to adopt facial habits that give the impression that they are younger and more robust. Stimulating facial muscles is one of the most enticing effects that may be gained from undergoing microcurrent therapy. It is feasible to get them to adopt facial habits that give the impression that they are younger and more robust.
- Speed wound healing: According to this research’s findings, microcurrent stimulation may hasten the process by which wounds heal. This may improve circulation, supply the vital nutrients and oxygen that the area needs, or perhaps lessen inflammation. Ulcers and persistent sores could benefit from this method of treatment. In addition to this, it may assist in the treatment of particular forms of acne.
- Improve blood circulation: It can increase epidermal blood flow with electrical stimulation. This may increase fullness, enhance the skin’s appearance, and even promote the health of the skin’s cells.
- Other benefits: Microcurrent stimulation has been hypothesized to offer health effects beyond those connected to aesthetics. For example, studies have shown that microcurrent therapy can reduce facial pain from sinus congestion for up to six hours with just one daily session. Using the product for just four weeks brought immediate relief from pain and congestion. Using animal models of atrophy, researchers have found that electrical stimulation can improve muscle function. More research in humans is needed to see if this has the potential to be a valuable treatment for muscular weakness or muscle atrophy.
Microcurrent therapies have been demonstrated to have negligible dangers in scientific studies. A microcurrent device should not hurt or damage the skin if used correctly. Yet, microcurrent facials aren’t for everyone. Among these are the following:
- people with heart conditions
- implanted medical devices, such as pacemakers
Women expecting a child are usually discouraged from seeking treatment at microcurrent clinics. This is because there is no infallible way to ensure that any specific treatment would not harm a fetus.
Untested and unregulated microcurrent devices also pose a threat. Only with FDA-approved equipment may a microcurrent facial be performed at home (FDA). They should instead seek the aid of an expert microcurrent provider.
A Single Appointment Isn’t Enough
It is essential to remember that the benefits from microcurrent facials can only be achieved through consistent sessions; therefore, it is necessary to plan accordingly, even if funds are restricted. This phenomenon, known as “cumulative efficacy,” describes how treatment effects increase with repeated treatments and continue for a more extended period after each treatment.
Patients may have to undertake treatments weekly because the modality requires consistency. Since no discomfort is involved, and you may observe the positive effects immediately, there is no reason not to try it.
If you are a new patient or have never received this modality, your physician will probably begin treatment by utilizing the baseline device settings. Essential aspects of the aesthetic process include:
- Having a firm handle on the device at hand.
- Taking into account the perspective of the patient.
- Checking in to determine if the provider is on track to reach the therapeutic aim.
When addressing the patient’s problems, turning the settings “up” or “down” is typically not practicable, and there is no such thing as an “up” or “down” setting. Before deciding on the optimal course of action, the provider will frequently experiment with many different approaches and parameters.
The length of time you have before you need long-term outcomes may impact how your therapy goes.
Following the initial four to six weeks of treatment at weekly intervals, your healthcare professional will most likely convert to a schedule that involves treatment every other week. This treatment plan is the best one for maintaining outcomes throughout treatment. However, if the service is being hurriedly performed for a significant event such as a wedding, it must be performed weekly.
Find The Right Provider
If you want to try a microcurrent facial, choose a qualified professional by doing your research.
The method may appear overdone in some cases if the provider is inexperienced. The microcurrent stimulates the facial muscles. Even if nerve-wracking repetition is a real possibility when experiencing excessive stimulation, it is not a major enough problem to warrant a warning. It is crucial to locate a competent, knowledgeable, credentialed provider to offer your required care.