You might be a beauty lover who trims, shaves, waxes, tweezes your body hair regularly but annoying to see it growing back quickly. You may be wondering if you could find a better solution for your hair removal worries. With the advancements in aesthetic technology, laser hair removal treatment has become extremely popular with its effective results when performed by an expert professional. But, even with all these speculations, one question always remains a mystery – “How long does laser hair removal treatment last?”
Laser hair removal treatment:
- Laser hair removal treatment is an advanced and non-surgical medical aesthetic treatment that positively affects a majority of skin types. This treatment is an easy and pain-free method for eliminating the hair from many parts of the body for a long time. It makes the skin look smooth, and even other techniques like shaving, waxing, etc. It is a gentle procedure that can work on large regions but with no pain and downtime. Lasers will carefully eliminate the hairs on the body and face by precisely aiming the pigment in the hair follicles. It will develop energy in the form of heat, targeting the root of the hair and damaging them without causing any adverse effect on the skin. This method has become highly popular since it is fast and painless, with a success rate of 75% to 99% after series of treatment sessions.
- Laser hair removal employs controlled light energy to damage the individual’s hair follicles beneath the skin surface. There are some constraints to be considered while opting for this treatment and expectations. Not all hairs will be in similar growth points in the cycle, and they may not be targeted during the treatment. It requires around six treatment sessions according to the schedule set by the skin expert. But to maintain the results, an individual has to undergo touch-up treatments every six months to a year. Hence, it is key to perform thorough research before visiting an expert skin specialist to carry your procedure. Once you decide to take laser hair removal treatment from an expert, discuss all your queries and medical history with the person. They will analyze the body type, hair growth, and other key elements to fix a customized solution. Only a qualified and experienced laser expert can study your specific condition and design a precise plan. They may also perform a skin patch test on a small region to know the response of your body for laser hair removal treatment.
- Before your laser treatment, make sure to follow all the suggestions given by your skin expert. It would help if you refrained from all the aspects that could impact the skin and lead to pigmentation issues from a laser. It is being exposed to sun rays, tanning beds, and employing the skin products that make the skin very sensitive such as Vitamin C creams and retinol creams. Also, avoid all the medications as per suggestion from the doctor close to the day of your procedure. Consequently, if you want your laser treatment to be effective, then you have to take optimal aftercare to ensure the optimal effect. Do not go swimming in chlorinated pools or salt seawater and get exposed to the sun for some days as the skin will be sensitive for some days after the treatment.
Is laser hair removal treatment painful?
A significant portion of people is fearful of getting a permanent hair removal procedure on their body. But with laser hair removal treatment, you will get a painless, hassle-free, and significant portion of success in very little time. But individuals with thicker hair may need a greater number of sessions. The hair removal technique eliminates your hair with a natural-looking appearance for a longer time. The traditional salon work demands frequent sessions but only to give short-term results. These methods of hair removal like waxing give hit wax burns, and shaving leads to razor cuts. In laser hair removal treatments, there will be no problem with burns, cuts, or the growth of ingrown hairs. The total time taken depends on the hair growth and the volume of the total area. While it is generally painless, technicians make use of numbing cream, especially in some sensitive areas like bikini lines before the treatment.
How long does laser hair removal last?
Even though laser hair removal treatment is considered a permanent treatment, hair will grow back in some days but with prolonged time. Some of the aspects like hormonal change can trigger hair growth. There are also chances of hair growth after some days, especially if the follicles are damaged but not damaged during the laser hair removal treatment. The types of hair and skin type can affect the laser treatment efficiency. This treatment can be more impactful when it can focus on the variation in pigments like dark tone hair coming from lighter skin. Since the dark light is attracted by the pigment, laser hair has not proven to be effective on people with light, grey, or blonde hair. Therefore, many skin experts term laser hair removal treatment as a long-term solution instead of permanent hair removal. While you may not need touch-up treatments soon after you complete the first session of successful hair removal via laser, touch-ups are needed as per expert advice or gradual hair growth. Even though hair will grow back after some time, it will grow back thinner, lighter, and less dense than what was present originally. Laser hair removal treatments rely on some key aspects like
- The experience of the specialist.
- Strength of the hair follicle.
- Type of hair.
- Variation in Hormones.
If you want the laser hair removal treatment to be effective, then contact an expert like SA Flawless, who offers a customized treatment plan at a competitive price. We employ an advanced device that includes a leading multi-wavelength integrated aesthetic system to allow for a quick, effective, and more relaxed treatment.